2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup (or 1 can of Cream of chicken and mushroom)
1 7oz can green Chile salsa
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbs grated onion
4 cups boiled, shredded chicken
8 corn tortillas
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
12 cans Crm of Chicken (or 6 crm chicken, 6 crm mushroom)
6 7 oz can green salsa
6 c. sour cream
12 Tbsp grated onion
24 c. cooked, shredded chicken (~8-9lbs)
72 corn tortillas
9 c. cheddar cheese
TO PREPARE FOR FREEZING:
- On cooking or prep day place chicken in the crock pot sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Cook for 4-6 hours on low until you can shred it.
- Combine cream soup, green salsa, sour cream, onion, and chicken and place in gallon freezer bag.
- TIP: If making multiple meals, use a large bowl and fill all the gallon size bags at once.
- Shred cheese and place in a sandwich bag. Place 8 tortillas in a quart freezer bag and add cheese.
- Attach quart bag to the gallon bag or write on them with a sharpie so you know they are together.
- Place flat in the freezer.
TO COOK AFTER FREEZING:
- Lightly grease crock-pot. Arrange alternating layers of tortillas & chicken mixture, finishing with chicken mixture on top (do not leave any of the tortilla pieces exposed because they dry out)
- Cover and cook on low 5 hours. Sprinkle w/ cheese and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole and salsa.