I love this recipe for Chicken Ole because it is a freezer meal and a crock pot or slow cooker meal all in one. So I decided to bring this one back up from the archives with some updated pics! 🙂 Both freezer meals and slow cooker meals can save a mom a ton of time! But when you make a freezer meal that can be prepared in the the slow cooker you are really saving a mama some time! Check out our freezer meals and slow cooker meals. We have more than 50 of each type of recipe!
If you are making multiple freezer meals on your own or with a freezer meal group you can bag up all of the meals easily by putting them in large bowl.
TO PREPARE FOR FREEZING:
- On cooking or prep day place chicken in the crock pot sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Cook for 4-6 hours on low until you can shred it.
- Combine cream soup, green salsa, sour cream, onion, and chicken and place in gallon freezer bag.
- TIP: If making multiple meals, use a large bowl and fill all the gallon size bags at once.
- Shred cheese and place in a sandwich bag. Place 8 tortillas in a quart freezer bag and add cheese.
- Attach quart bag to the gallon bag or write on them with a sharpie so you know they are together.
- Place flat in the freezer.
TO COOK AFTER FREEZING:
- Lightly grease crock-pot. Arrange alternating layers of tortillas & chicken mixture, finishing with chicken mixture on top (do not leave any of the tortilla pieces exposed because they dry out)
- Cover and cook on low 5 hours. Sprinkle w/ cheese and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, avocado, guacamole or salsa.
This beautiful Crock-Pot is only $19.88!
- But if you love it you better hurry because the price might not last.
- It is a 4.5 quart.
- Comes with a removable round stone.
Learn more about Freezer Meal Cooking:
- Benefits of making freezer meals
- Freezer Meal Recipes
- How to start a Freezer Meal Group
- How to Shop for Freezer Meal Recipes
- How to Prepare Freezer Meals
- What Foods Don’t Freeze Well