This is definitely one of my favorite cookie bar recipes!
This dessert is an all-around pleaser – everyone will love them! Take an awesome chocolate chip cookie bar recipe, then sandwich a decadent ribbon of cheesecake in there. Yum and yum!
You will be quite the popular one if you bring these treats to an event or gathering! That is one of the beauties of cookie bars – they are easy to make and easy to take too. Looking at these pictures is making me want to make them again very soon…
It helps to make these cookie bars several hours before you want to serve them. They need a few hours to cool and a few hours to chill. Once they are baked and cooled to room temperature, they can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Chocolate chip cookie bar and cheesecake – such a wonderful combination! The ingredients are simple, so you might even have everything you need to make this dessert right now. Whip it up and invite family or friends over to chow down!
Half of the cookie dough is pressed into the bottom of the pan, then comes the cheesecake filling layer. In the palm of your hand, flatten small portions of the remaining cookie dough and place each disc on top of the cheesecake filling. It is okay if there are little holes where the cheesecake peeks through. The top doesn’t need to be completely covered, just mostly covered.
It is handy to use a foil sling in the pan for cookie bars because it is so easy to just lift it out and cut away.
My OXO Whisk has been going strong for years now. Love it!
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour (1/8 c = 2 Tbsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ - 2 cups chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 9x13 pan with foil and lightly coat the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- For the cookie layer: Whisk the melted butter and sugars in a large bowl until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well. Fold in the flour, salt and baking soda with a rubber spatula; do not over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips until just combined. Use lightly moistened hands to press half of the dough into a thin even layer in the prepared pan, filling in any holes with a bit of cookie dough from the bowl.
- For the cheesecake filling: Mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar together with an electric mixer on medium-high until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined. Spread the cheesecake filling over the layer of cookie dough in the pan.
- With the remaining cookie dough, flatten tablespoon-sized amounts of cookie dough with your hands into flat discs, about 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick. Place each disc of dough over the top of the cheesecake layer, pressing very lightly to adhere. (It is fine if not every spot is covered with dough, just make sure it is mostly covered.)
- Bake the bars for 35-40 minutes until very lightly browned on the edges. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate until chilled, 1-2 hours. Cut into squares and serve. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
This recipe is from MelsKitchenCafe. ♥
You will probably also like these fudgy chocolate chip cookie bars!