This is my all-time favorite homemade pizza! It’s quick, easy, and healthy. You can either make the dough or purchase the premade crust. I usually buy the premade crust, which saves a step, but the homemade crust is amazing!
- 1 homemade (recipe below) or purchased pizza dough, or premade pizza crust (Find Pizza Crust Coupons)
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) Shredded Mozzarella or Italian Cheese (Find Cheese Coupons)
- Canadian Bacon or choice of meat (I prefer Canadian Bacon because it is not as greasy)
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- Fresh basil and oregano leaves, sliced
- Dried Italian seasoning, or dried basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, and garlic (adds more flavor)
- ½ cup warm water (105 -110 degrees F)
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast (Find Yeast Coupons)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
In a small bowl, mix warm water and yeast, and let it stand until the yeast dissolves (5 minutes). Mix flour and salt and blend in a mixer or by hand. Add olive oil. While the mixer is running, add the yeast mixture and blend until the dough forms. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth (1 minute). Transfer the dough to a large oiled bowl and brush with oil. Cover bowl with a hand towel, and let it rise for about 1 hour 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out the dough into a 11 to 12-inch-diameter round. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet.
In a small cup, mix the olive oil and garlic together, and with a brush spread over pizza dough or premade crust. Add the cheese (reserve 1/3 cup), meat, tomatoes, fresh basil and oregano. Drizzle a little olive oil all over. Add remaining cheese, and sprinkle Italian seasoning over the top. Place in oven and bake until the crust is crisp and brown, and the cheese is melted for about 15 minutes. Cut and serve!