Here’s an easy Christmas candy recipe! Around here, we call them Chocolate Coconut Drops…
Chocolate Coconut Drops
- 1 package of Coconut (7 oz or 2 2/3 cups)
- 6-12 oz milk chocolate (depending on how chocolaty you like it) – you can use chocolate meltys, chocolate chips, or chocolate bark.
- Turn on your broiler to high or 400 degrees. Place coconut on a baking sheet. Spread it out across the sheet. Place coconut in the oven on the top rack. DO NOT LEAVE IT! You may even want to leave your oven door open a bit and watch it toast. When it starts getting a little toasty brown stir it with a heat proof long handled spoon. Rotate the pan if one side starts to get really brown. Remove from oven when the coconut is generally a toasty brown color. DO NOT LET IT BURN.
- Let the coconut cool. When it has cooled, crush it with the bottom of a cup.
- Heat chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time. After each 30 second cycle take it out and try to stir the chocolate. Continue this process 3 or 4 times until the chocolate is smooth.
- Dump the coconut into the chocolate and stir until all of the coconut is covered with chocolate. Spoon mixture into small muffin tin cups or paper nut cups.
- Let cool in fridge or cool temperature for 30 minutes. Should be hard enough to slide out of the cups in one piece. Super yummy, easy, AND it’s Gluten Free!
What do you think? Easy enough?
ps – I did NOT burn my coconut for educational reasons… I stepped away for 1 minute (with the oven shut) and fried my coconut! There’s your warning!
pps – I’m thinking this would be really yummy using White Almond Bark. What do you think?Pin It