- 1 3/4 c Warm Water
- 1/4 c Olive Oil
- 1 t Salt
- 1 T Sugar
- 1 1/2 T Active Dry Yeast
- approx. 5 1/2 c all-pupose, unbleached Flour
- 1/8 c Olive Oil
- 2 T unsalted Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic, finely crushed
- 1/4 c finely chopped fresh Parsley
- 1/4 c Parmesan Cheese
- Red Pepper to taste
- Combine water, 1/4c olive oil, sea salt, sugar, and active dry yeast in a large resealable container or bowl. Mix to dissolve yeast.
- Add flour. Mix in flour, cover, and set in a warm spot to raise until doubled in size .
- Roll out dough to form a 10×16 inch sheet of dough. Cut the sheet into 3/4 inch parallel strips.
- Then cut these strips in half making about 24 pieces.
- Tie each strip into a knot and place these knotted strips of dough close together in a greased pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown.
- Remove the knots from the oven, place them in a big bowl.
- While the knots are still hot, drizzle them with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic, cheese, parsley, red pepper and salt. Toss well and serve.