Eleven-year-old Sarah Stone is lonely in a mansion amidst butlers, nannies, housekeepers, and a father who is too busy for her. She is angry at the world. On the other side of town, in a slum called the Sink, Jared Roberts and his gang barely survive broken families and a hardscrabble existence. Jared, too, is angry, and intends to do something about it. He eyes Sarah’s mansion for a pre-Christmas burglary that will show the world who he really is.
Into this mix comes a mysterious little man named Nicholas, who intrigues, yet scares, Sarah and Jared. Against incredible doubt and cynicism, Nicholas tries to guide the two youths away from their anger and the suffering that will follow, only to realize he can not move them. Finally, he whisks them to another time and place where a Christmas long ago teaches them the true meaning of life in a way they never imagined.
Mary’s Son: A Tale of Christmas By Darryl Nyznyk
Pedro The Ugliest Dog In The World By Papa G
Entangled By Barbara Ellen Brink
Finding Christmas: Stories of Startling Joy and Perfect Peace By James Calvin Schapp
Barefoot Sisters: By Lucy Letcher
- NEW – KINDLE OWNERS’ LENDING LIBRARY! With Amazon Prime, Kindle owners can now choose from thousands of books to borrow for FREE, including over 100 current and former New York Times Bestsellers – as frequently as a book a month, with no due dates.
- NEW – BORROW KINDLE BOOKS FROM YOUR PUBLIC LIBRARY! Kindle books are available at more than 11,000 libraries in the U.S. (I’m excited about this one)
- Millions of FREE, out-of-copyright, pre-1923 titles such as Pride and Prejudice are available
- Every week there are FREE eBooks you can download!
- Massive selection: over 800,000 titles are $9.99 or less; over 1 million books, newspapers, and magazines, including latest bestsellers, Kindle exclusives, and more
- Holds at least 1,400 books, but still light and compact
- 1-2 months battery life on one charge
- Adjustable text sizes
- Most advanced E Ink display, reads like paper, no glare
- Built-in Wi-Fi – Get books in 60 seconds