As most of you have noticed, we have not posted anything about our annual Pay it Forward Charity Yard Sale. While it breaks my heart to say it out loud (okay so technically I’m writing it, but I digress), we won’t be having it this year. There were a number of driving factors behind that decision and it SERIOUSLY hurts my heart that we won’t be holding it, but this year we decided to take a different approach to a charity fundraiser. That is how the Couponing Workshop was born.
The initial idea was to organize a huge educational couponing event. Check. Then we would charge $25 per person and donate 100% of the proceeds to a very deserving charity. Check. Then everyone would feel all warm and fuzzy. Hmmm. Didn’t happen.
We felt something was off. In our eagerness to donate as much money as possible to the City Light Women and Children’s Shelter we overlooked one key element. YOU. Our fabuless readers. YOU. Who have allowed us to carry on for years on this silly site of ours because you continue to offer us your unwavering support. YOU. Who quite possibly might be struggling just as much as any charity out there.
You see donating to charity is AMAZING. And that’s still part of the plan. But we strongly believe around these parts that if you give a man a fish, his belly will be full for a bit. But if you TEACH that man to fish, he will not only maintain a belly full of fish, but also feed those around him (and possibly teach others to fish too).
I get that I just butchered that old saying, but hopefully you get the point. We want you to come learn how to coupon (aka. fish) and then see how it changes your life. And we want to give you that opportunity for FREE.
No more $25 fee for the MEGA Rad Couponing Workshop. You don’t have to pay a dime.
You still need to register (we have to cap it) and you do have to bring a canned food item AND you do have to make us a promise:
You will either share your fish with others, or teach those around you to fish. And you have to promise. Or we won’t let you in for free. Got it?
Now about raising money. Here’s how we’re going to do that:
We are going to have the most amazing raffle!
So amazing in fact that you are going to want to buy raffle tickets-LOTS of raffle tickets.
- You can win 1 of NINE prizes. (We’ll be telling you more about those prizes each night in our That’s A Wrap post.)
- You can pre-buy raffle tickets for a steal of a deal! ($3/1, $10/10 or $25/30!! What a steal!)
- Raffle ticket prices will be higher during the workshop, so buy them early! ($4/1, $10/5 or $25/15. See why you want to pre-buy them?!)
- Can’t come or not local? You can still donate for a chance to win most of the prizes, including the fantastic prize you see below! Select prizes can only be won if present (shipping some of the great prizes would be a logistical nightmare!). So another great reason to be there!
- Make sure you REGISTER for the event too!! We need to know you’re coming!
Already register for the class and pay your $25? You have 2 options:
- Use your $25 as a credit and get 30 raffle tickets!
- Request a refund and we will get you your $25 back ASAP (we sent you an email… so check it!)!
And now for a glimpse of those AMAZING raffle prizes I told you about earlier….
Seriously. It can be yours!