Don’t cry, but the Free Post Cereal Sale just got sad.
Oh no, some of you have seen that face before. It is never good. Here is the scoop… I talked to a local Boise Albertsons grocery manager today who informed me that the warehouse (which serves the entire treasure valley) only had 14 cases of Honey Bunches of Oats Raisin when he called planning to order several palates this morning. A case only holds 12-15 boxes. That is not very much cereal! So what does this mean?
The stores will sell out of HBO raisin in no time!
- Get a rain check, and wait for doubles to come again.
I know, I know the ad limits you to 4. If you are kind you may be able to work something out with your store to get a rain check for your full order. Leave comments if you know of a store that will honor rain checks for a higher amount and let you double.
- Be at your store at 6 am Sunday with doubles.
- Buy your cereal for .49¢ as soon as your coupons arrive.
- Save your coupons for another sale, they do not expire until 4/10! Yesterday this cereal was on sale for $1.66/box so with doubles it would be free again. So keep an eye out for a good price to come back.
- Call around to find out if any store happened to order lots of this cereal months ago when the managers put in their initial order. The Caldwell Stadium store tends to order LOTS of product, I would start there.
Don’t be rude to your store managers if they can not fill your order. Try to keep a good rapport with them. I am sure they are just as bummed as we are. Albertsons tends to have excellent customer service so try to work with them to get you a rain check that works.
I do not know the status of the WA, OR, CA or MT stores supply, but I am guessing it could be pretty similar. Leave a comment if you know.
Good luck everyone!